I started an English Blog

Hi, I'm Marunesan. It's my nickname. I have a younger brother who calls me "Marune":"Maru"+ "Nei". "Maru" comes from my Given Name and "Nei" often means a big sister in Japanese. "san" is Mr. or Mrs. or Miss in Japanese.

I always wanted to start an English blog, but I hesitated until now.  I am a non-native English speaker and my English writings may contain lots of grammar and syntax errors. Some people may wonder why she teaches English while her English is so bad. However, this time I made up my mind to start an English blog!

Summer vacation is just around the corner. Taking this opportunity, I would like to do a lot of things which I usually cannot do. I want my English speaking friends to know how I am spending the summer. I also want to encourage my students at the universities where I teach to use English a lot during their summer vacation.

As I mentioned, I am an English teacher, but actually, I have three jobs.

First, I teach English part-time at two universities in Shizuoka City. I really enjoy teaching English at both places. I would not disclose where I am teaching, but I just say I like blue and green: ocean and greenery.

Second,  I am an  English tour guide. When a cruise ship comes to Shimizu Port, I often work as a bus tour guide. It is a big responsibility to take about 40 foreign tourists in one bus safely to various sightseeing destinations from the port and take them back to the port. When the tour starts, I always feel nervous but I always enjoy the job. Diamond Princess comes to Shimizu Port on August 16th, so, I am hoping to get a guide job offer on this day. I already told a travel agency that I am available!

Talking about guide job,  I  am going to study Chinese a lot during the summer in order to get my Chinese tour guide license. To improve my Chinese, I plan to volunteer at the port when Hong-Kong cruise ship Super StarVergo comes to the port. I want to show Chinese speaking tourists places to visit around Shimizu Port. This way I think I could help Chinese people and also brush up my Chinese.

Third, I am an English material writer. I write English study materials for general people and for high school students when there are some job offers from publishers. I used to translate a lot, but I do not translate anymore. Many years ago, I worked as a freelance translator. There were lots of jobs available and the pay was relatively good. I  translated every day from 9 in the morning and 9 or 10 at night. I mostly translated business documents and my translation agencies always gave me a very short deadline. I typed, typed, and typed. Then, my shoulders and arms started to ache.  Especially my left shoulder, arm, and neck hurt a lot. So, I quit translation. English material publishers usually give me rather a long deadline and the job is more creative than translation. I am hoping to get some material writing jobs during my summer break from the universities.

I also plan to start studying Japanese teaching methodology to become a Japanese teacher.  I borrowed a few books from a Japanese teacher working in the same university. I always wanted to teach Japanese, my native tongue, but it costs a lot to take a Japanese teacher training course. Recently I found that some online Japanese teaching site may accept native Japanese speakers as teachers even without a Japanese teacher license. So I made up my mind to give it a try!
Well, I just keep talking about jobs and people may think I am a workaholic! I think I am. However, I really love what I am doing.
As I can live only one life, I want to spend my time more on jobs rather than hobbies or traveling.


コメント

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Translated in a business meeting

Finished all the work!